A video will be posted after the meeting.
Watch more City of Morganton videos @ www.youtube.com/user/cityofmorgantonnc .
To: Morganton Planning & Zoning Commission Members
From: Phillip Lookadoo, Director D&D Services
Date: September 30, 2020
Subject: P&Z meeting to be held October 8, 2020
The Morganton Planning & Zoning Commission will meet on Thursday, October 8, at 5:15 pm in the City Hall Council Chamber. Please contact Jackie Cain (828) 438-5260 to confirm your attendance
In response to the order issued by Governor Roy Cooper (phase 2.5), and to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Planning & Zoning Commission will hold a meeting October 8, 2020 with the following guidelines. The Council Chamber will be open to the public with limitations. Listed below are ways to participate while remaining in compliance with the Governor’s orders.
If citizens wish to address the commission during the meeting they may:
2. Send a letter to: City of Morganton, Attn: Jackie Cain, P.O. Box 3448, Morganton, NC 28680
3. Hand deliver a letter to City Hall: 305 East Union Street by 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 7, 2020.
4. If a citizen would like to address the commission in person, they may attend the scheduled meeting. Limitation of fifty (50) individuals are allowed in the council chamber. Additional seating and live feed will be available in the lobby of city hall. Masks will be required. Please contact Jackie Cain (828) 438-5260 with any questions. Speakers during any public hearing shall be limited to three (3) minutes each. Citizens will be allowed into Council Chamber.
All comments (emails or letters) must be received by 9:00 a.m.
on Thursday October 8, 2020.
Morganton Planning & Zoning Commission
Agenda: October 8, 2020
City Hall Conference Room 4
305 East Union Street (Suite A100)
I. OLD BUSINESS:
Item 1: Review and approval of the July 9, 2020 minutes.
Item 2: Review of City Council action since last meeting.
• City Council met in August and approved a map amendment for a proposed rezoning located at 107 Old Jamestown Road (PIN 1793137357 and (1793138261) to reflect the intent of the 2030 Land Use Plan and to also match adjacent land uses.
• City Council met in September and appointed Kevin Kee to vacant position on Planning & Zoning. This term will expire June 3, 2023.
This Agenda time is reserved to provide citizens an opportunity to appear before the Planning Commission about issues other than those appearing on the agenda. Citizens may present their planning ideas, opinions or concerns for Commission consideration and discussion. Anyone wishing to speak should come to the podium, state their name, and address for the record.
III. NEW BUSINESS
Item 1: Application from William Andrews for consideration for an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance sections 3.2 Overlay Districts, 4.2 Density and Dimensional Standards, and 4.8 Building Design Standards. These changes are for the proposed addition of a new overlay zone “Restricted Residential Overlay (RR- O)” to the City of Morganton Zoning Ordinance.
Item 2: A public meeting will be held concerning a proposed rezoning of a 0.95+- acre track (PIN# 2703156576), 0.44+- acre tract (PIN# 2703158591), 0.33+- acre tract (PIN# 2703159443) and 0.29+- acre tract (PIN#2703157369) located at 313 West Union Street, 101 Lyman Court, 103 Lyman Court and 104 Lyman Court from Conditional Use (CU) to Medium Intensity District & Restricted Residential Overlay (MID/RR-O) submitted by William F. Andrews.
Item 3: Application submitted by Nancy VanNoppen for consideration for an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance, Table of Permitted Uses, to allow Body Art Establishments (tattoos & body piercing) as a permitted use in the Central Business District with conditions.
OTHER ITEMS OF DISCUSSION
Next Scheduled P&Z Meeting: Thursday November 12, 2020 at 5:15 PM
City Hall Council Chamber
Minutes for this meeting will be posted after they are approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission. The Commission normally approves minutes during the following meeting.