Morganton City Council meetings are broadcast live on CoMPAS Ch. 2 and streamed live online via the city's USTREAM . The Council meets at Morganton City Hall located at 305 E. Union St. Suite A100, Morganton, NC .
Watch more City of Morganton videos @ www.youtube.com/user/cityofmorgantonnc .
Photos of the meeting will be added after the meeting.
Ronnie Thompson, Mayor Sally W. Sandy, City Manager
Louis E. Vinay, Jr., City Attorney
Wendy Cato )
Christopher Hawkins ) Council
Chris Jernigan )
Butch McSwain ) Becky Brinkley, Interpreter
I. Call to Order in the Council Chamber at City Hall at 6:00 p.m.
II. Public Comment – Anyone wishing to speak during this time must sign in with the Clerk before the meeting begins, and upon being called will have 3 minutes to address the Council.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
IV. Invocation Given by the Rev. Larry Britt, Chaplain MDPS
V. Introduction of Council
VI. Retirement Resolutions
• Ronnie D. Rector, Director of Public Safety, Department of Public Safety
• Robin E. Triplett, Lieutenant III, Department of Public Safety
VII. Service Pin
• Jackie Cain, Development and Design, Senior Administrative Specialist, 20 years
VIII. Public Advocacy Issues and Strategies
Chief Rector Retirement Reception, Friday, February 7, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. with remarks at 12:15 p.m.
b. Upcoming events:
Peacherine Ragtime Society Orchestra, Thursday, February 6, 7:30 p.m.
The Color Purple, Thursday, February 27, 7:30 p.m.
Rhythm of the Dance, Saturday, February 29, 7:30 p.m.
IX. North Carolina Municipal Power Agency Number 1 Update
X. Consent Agenda – All items below are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member, staff member or citizen so requests. In the event a request is made, the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered under Item XI.
A. Approval of Minutes – For a Regular Meeting held on January 6, 2020 and a Special Meeting held on January 21, 2020.
RECOMMENDED ACTION: Approve minutes as submitted.
B. Consideration of Entering into an Audit Contract with Elliott Davis
RECOMMENDED ACTION: Approve the award a contract for audit services to Elliott Davis for FY 2019/2020 at a cost of $39,000.
XI. Items Removed from Consent Agenda
XII. New Business
A. Public Hearings
1. Public Hearing for the City of Morganton Consolidated Plan FY 2020-2024
B. Other Business
1. Consideration of Grant Award of Entitlement Funds to Non-Profits
2. Consideration of a Resolution Adopting the Unifour Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan
3. Consideration of Award of Contract for Construction of Catawba River Soccer Complex Phase III
4. Consideration of Amendments to Ordinance Concerning Keeping Livestock or Farm Animals
5. Consideration of Amendments to Personnel Policy Concerning Nepotism
6. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
a. Morganton Housing Authority
XIII. Other Items from City Manager and City Council Not on Agenda