Morganton City Council meetings are broadcast live on CoMPAS Ch. 2 and streamed live online via the city's USTREAM . The Council meets at Morganton City Hall located at 305 E. Union St. Suite A100, Morganton, NC .
Watch more City of Morganton videos @ www.youtube.com/user/cityofmorgantonnc .
Photos from the meeting are usually added after the meeting.
Ronnie Thompson, Mayor Sally W. Sandy, City Manager Louis E. Vinay, Jr., City Attorney
Wendy Cato )
Forrest A. Fleming ) Council Christopher Hawkins )
Sidney Simmons ) Becky Brinkley, Interpreter
I. Call to Order in the Council Chamber at City Hall at 6:00 p.m.
II. Public Comment – Anyone wishing to speak during this time must sign in with the Clerk before the meeting begins, and upon being called will have 3 minutes to address the Council.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
V. Introduction of Council
VI. Retiree Resolutions
• Dwain A. Benton, Water Resources Department, Superintendent – Distribution and Collection Division
VII. Public Advocacy Issues and Strategies
• No July City Council Meeting
b. Upcoming events:
• TGIF Concerts continue, Fridays, 6:00 p.m., Old Courthouse Square
• Farmers Markets on Wednesdays (N. Green) and Saturdays (Beach St.)
• State of Origin Craft Brew Festival, Saturday, June 8, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m., Old Courthouse Square
• Skate Park Dedication/Ribbon Cutting, Wednesday, June 12, 10:00 a.m. Gene Turner Park / Skate Park area
• Old Time July 4th Fireworks, July 4, activities begin at 5:00 p.m., Catawba Meadows Park
• Red, White, and Blue Festival, July 4-6, Catawba Meadows Park
• Freedom FAB Crawl, Saturday, July 6, all day Downtown
c. Resolution: In Support of the Current ABC Control System for the Sale of Liquor
VIII. North Carolina Municipal Power Agency Number 1 Update
IX. Consent Agenda – All items below are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member, staff member or citizen so requests. In the event a request is made, the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered under Item X.
A. Approval of Minutes – For a Regular Meeting held on May 6, 2019 and for a Closed Session held on May 6, 2019.
RECOMMENDED ACTION: Approve minutes as submitted.
B. Consideration of a Resolution Adopting the 2018 Local Water Supply Plan
RECOMMENDED ACTION: Adopt a resolution to approve the 2018 Local Water Supply Plan with any updates.
X. Items Removed from Consent Agenda
XI. Presentation of Proposed Budget for FY 2019-2020 Presented by Sally Sandy, City Manager
• Call for a Public Hearing on the Proposed Budget on Monday, June 17, 2019, 6:00 p.m., Council Chamber
XII. New Business
A. Public Hearings
1. Public Hearing and Consideration of a Contiguous Annexation Petition Submitted by Glenwood Hills, LP for 3.49 Acres Located at 1300 Burkemont Avenue
2. Public Hearing and Consideration of Proposed CDBG 2019 Action Plan
a. Public Hearing and Consideration of the City of Morganton Action Plan FY 2019-2020
b. Consideration of a Project Budget Ordinance for 2019 CDBG
c. Consideration of Administration Contract with Western Piedmont Council of Governments
B. Other Business
1. Consideration of Sidewalk Encroachment at 109 North Sterling Street
2. Consideration of Award of Contract for Sidewalk/Greenway Improvements as Part of the North Green Street Revitalization Project
3. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
a. Board of Adjustment
b. Cable Commission
c. Community Appearance
d. Main Street Advisory Board
e. Planning & Zoning Commission
f. Recreation Advisory
XIII. Other Items from City Manager and City Council Not on Agenda