To turn on or transfer electric, water, and sewer service, or to sign up for cable television, internet, or home phone service, follow these steps.
Electric, Water and Sewer Service
To turn on or transfer Electric or Water/Sewer service
1. Go in person to the Customer Service Desk in City Hall at 305 East Union Street, Suite A100. You can turn into the main City Hall Parking lot from Bouchelle Street, or East Union Street. Walk under the water tower (Morganton Trading Company) into the City Hall offices.
2. Take one of the following:
a. a North Carolina driver's license
b. another state driver's license
c. a United States government issued picture ID.
d. a passport issued by a foreign government.
3. Call 828-438-5245 if you have questions.
5. You may also fill out an application for services by downloading, completing and emailing us this application for services:
Electric Service 600 Amps and Above
To get electric service 600 amps and above, please review the guidelines in the document below. Contact Electric Services at 828-438-5277 with any questions.
CoMPAS Cable TV, Internet and VOIP Home Phone
To get CoMPAS Cable TV, Internet, and Home Phone Service,
1. Go in person to City Hall at 305 East Union Street, Suite A100. Need directions to City Hall?
2. Go to the CoMPAS Cable department with the following:
a. A government issued picture ID, and
b. First month's payment
Visit the CoMPAS Website.