The City of Morganton will begin flow testing fire hydrants on August 1. The flow testing will last for approximately 10 days.
The flow testing requires a large quantity of water and may disturb sediment that has settled in the City’s water lines. Residents and business owners who notice a discoloration in their water supply should allow an outdoor faucet to run until the water becomes clear again.
Flow testing will occur in the following areas beginning August 1:
- Day 1: East McDowell Street & Valdese Avenue
- Day 2: Center Street & Vinearden Road
- Day 3: Kirksey Drive & Amherst Road
- Day 4: Hogan Street & East Fleming Drive
- Day 5: East Union Street & Burke Drive
- Day 6: Bethel Road, Knollwood Drive & Inglewood Drive
- Day 7: Bethel Road, Woodlawn Drive & Willowbrook Drive
- Day 8: South Sterling Street & East Parker Road
- Day 9: Bethel Road & Stonebridge Drive
- Day 10: East Fleming Drive, Dugout Circle & Sequoyah Circle
For further information, contact the Water Resources Department at 828-438-5276.