Downtown Morganton will be holding events throughout November and December to help you be merry and happy this holiday season.
The annual Memorial Tree Lighting and Winter Carnival, Breakfast with Santa, and visits with Santa in Downtown Morganton have all been cancelled to keep our community safe from the spread of COVID-19. But don’t despair — there will be plenty of events designed with public health in mind to help spread holiday cheer.
The following events will be happening in November and December, with protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in place. If you attend any of the following events, social distancing and masks will be required.
- • November 21 at 6pm – Virtual Memorial Lights Ceremony. The Virtual Memorial Lights ceremony will be aired on CoMPAS Cable Channel 2, and the Downtown Morganton Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/downtownmorganton.nc
- • Holiday Carriage Rides will take place every Friday and Saturday starting Saturday, November 21, through Saturday, December 26, with the exception of Christmas Day. Carriage Rides will depart from the Holiday Farmers Market location at 111 North Green Street in Downtown Morganton. Reservations will be taken on-site only, beginning at 5pm the days the carriage rides are happening. Tickets will be $5 for adults and $3 for children. Seating is limited.
- • November 28 – Holiday Farmers Market at 111 North Green Street 10am to 2pm
- • November 28 – Small Business Saturday FAB Crawl – $1,000 in Downtown Bucks will be awarded! 10 lucky winners will receive $100 worth of Downtown Bucks each.
- • November 28 through January 1 – Downtown Storybook Walk at various locations in Downtown Morganton. Families are invited on an outdoor storybook walk in downtown. Visit locations to read a special Morganton edition of The Night Before Christmas. More details are available on www.downtownmorganton.com and the Downtown Morganton Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/downtownmorganton.nc
- • December 1 – Drive Thru Christmas Parade from 6-8pm. Applications for entries accepted until November 17. Space is limited. For those who are unable to attend the drive thru event, this drive thru parade will be aired on CoMPAS Cable Channel 2.
- • December 12 – Holiday Farmers Market at 111 North Green Street 10am-2pm - $1,000 in Downtown Bucks given out! 10 lucky winners will receive $100 each in Downtown Bucks.
- • December 12 – Visit Downtown Morganton’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/downtownmorganton.nc for a special reading from Santa Claus.
- • December 18, 20, and 23 – Centerpiece Jazz Christmas Concert at the Morganton Community House from 7:30pm to 10:00pm. Tickets are $25 per person + food and drink. The December 23 show is already sold out. Call our Main Street Office at 828-438-5252 to reserve your tickets today.
All throughout this holiday season, starting on November 16 and lasting through December 14, Santa’s Elves will be making special pop up appearances in Downtown Morganton during the week. A total of 10 lucky visitors to Downtown Morganton will each receive $100 worth of Downtown Bucks! So if you are in Downtown Morganton, be on the lookout for Santa’s elves for your chance to win big!
“We know everything has been different this year due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but we are so happy we are able to still offer our community some safe alternatives to our normal events to help everyone feel the holiday spirit,” said Main Street Manager Abby Nelson. “We have tons going on this holiday season, so wear your mask, stay healthy, and come enjoy everything we have to offer in Downtown Morganton.”