Morganton City Hall and City offices will reopen to the public on Monday, September 21.
While City offices are reopening to the public, COVID-19 still poses a threat to all of our health and safety. If you are entering a City building, we ask that you please wear a mask, stay six feet apart from other people, and frequently wash and sanitize your hands.
Protective measures have been put in place inside City Hall to help keep our employees and citizens safe. Markers have been placed on the floor throughout the building in high-traffic areas to designate how far apart people should be from each other. Plexiglass barriers are in place at our business counters to minimize droplet spread of COVID-19.
City recreation facilities are reopening to the public under a modified schedule and capacity limitations. In accordance with Gov. Roy Cooper’s Executive Orders, playing basketball is not allowed in any City recreation facility. Recreation facility hours are as follows:
- Morganton Aquatic Center: Monday – Thursday, 6am to 7:30pm; Friday, 6am to 5pm; Saturday, 8am to 1pm; Closed Sunday. A maximum of 25 people will be allowed inside the facility at any time. Masks must be worn, unless you are swimming.
- Collett Street Recreation Center: Monday, 9am to 8pm; Tuesday, 9am to 6pm; Wednesday, 9am to 5pm; Thursday, 9am to 8pm; Friday, 9am to 5pm; Saturday, 9am to 8pm; Closed Sunday. A maximum of 25 people will be allowed inside any room in the facility at any time. Masks must be worn, unless you are involved in strenuous activity, such as working out. A maximum of 10 people will be allowed inside the weight room at one time. The weight room will be open 8am to 8pm, Monday through Friday, 8am to 12pm Saturday, and closed Sundays.
- Mountain View Recreation Center: Monday, 9am to 9pm; Tuesday, 9am to 8pm; Wednesday, 9am to 5pm; Thursday, 9am to 8pm; Friday, 9am to 5pm; Saturday, 12pm to 8pm; Closed Sunday. A maximum of 25 people will be allowed inside any room in the facility at any time. Masks must be worn, unless you are involved in strenuous activity.
The City encourages people to continue conducting business with the City online, by email and over the phone, in order to limit the number of people inside our buildings at any given time. By minimizing close contact between employees and citizens, we can all keep each other safe from the ongoing pandemic.
More information on conducting business over the phone, by email, and online can be found below.
- Citizens can make utility payments online at morgantonnc.gov. Payments can be made at our drop boxes located at the front entrance and back parking lot of City Hall, or by using our drive-thru. We will be accepting all forms of payment in our drive-thru. Please do not put cash in the drop boxes.
- Residents can apply for electric, water and sewer service by calling 828-438-5245 or by visiting morgantonnc.gov/index.php/government/finance/utilities
- Contractors can apply for building permits by calling 828-438-5266.
- Citizens can contact COMPAS at 828-438-5353 to connect new cable, internet and telephone service, or for technical assistance and service with cable, internet and telephone.
- You can view our job applications and apply online by visiting morgantonnc.gov/jobs.
“We are glad to be able to reopen our City facilities to the public, but would like to remind everyone that it takes all of us doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” said City Manager Sally Sandy. “If you are entering a City building, wear a mask, keep your distance from other people, and wash and sanitize your hands frequently.”