The City of Morganton will participate in the 2017 urban archery season (archery equipment only) scheduled for Jan. 13 through Feb. 17, 2018. The season dates are set and authorized by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.
The following restrictions apply to the urban archery hunting season:
- No hunting in the Central Business District.
- No hunting on City, State, or County owned property.
- No hunting in public parks or recreational properties.
- No hunting on school properties or within 300 feet surrounding school properties.
- No hunting on any tract of land less than 5 acres. The property must contain at least five acres in one single tract.
- There is no public property available to hunt within the city limits.
- Any hunter must be in possession of valid current (2017/2018) written permission from the property owner.
The following map indicates the properties that are potentially eligible for hunting upon approval of the property owner with written permission. All the restrictions must apply in order to be legal for hunting purposes. The Morganton Department of Public Safety in conjunction with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission will enforce the laws pertaining to the urban archery season.