City of Morganton Parks and Recreation Facilities are available for rent for special events. Anyone interested in renting a facility or reserving a picnic shelter should must contact the Parks and Recreation Department, see contact info above, to check availability, complete a rental form, and make payment. Reservations are not accepted until payment is made. Users can complete the form and make payment over the phone.
Carbon City Park Shelter: $50.00 for 2-hour block
Catawba River Soccer Complex: $50.00 for 2-hour block
Catawba Meadows Park Shelters
- $100 for 4-hour block
- $50.00 for additional shelter
- $25.00 for additional hour
- Groups using a PA system must rent all three shelters
Martha's Park Large Shelter: $50.00 for 2-hour block ONLY. Due to high demand, the shelter rental at Martha's Park is limited to 2 hours.
The following Recreation Facilities are available for rental per day based on regular operating hours. An additional $20.00 per hour will be charged for any hours outside of regular operational hours.
- Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 12 noon, 1:00 to 9:00 pm
- Friday, 9:00 am to 12 noon, Upstairs: 1:00 to 5:00 pm Downstairs: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Saturday, 10:00 am to 12 noon, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, 7:00 to 9:00 pm (Summer hours on Saturday while outdoor pool is open: 9:00 am - 12 noon and 7:00 - 9:00 pm)
Park or building grounds - $250.00
Gymnasium - $125.00
Social Hall - $125.00
Club Room - $75.00
Kitchen - $40.00
Additional hours - $20.00
1) Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on recreation property.
2) Food or beverage may not be sold on recreation premises without permission from the Director of Parks and Recreation. Note: Kitchens may not be used to cook or hold raw meats of any kind. Food may be prepared elsewhere or catered and re-heated in kitchens.
3) User assumes responsibility for any and all damages caused by the event or any of its guests.
4) Signs or other materials may not be attached to ceiling or walls.
5) User agrees to begin function promptly on scheduled time and agrees to vacate the building at closing time indicated on contract.
6) User agrees to remove any food, displays and any other items immediately following the event.
7) If rental involves bringing in items for shows or sales, the user must obtain a fire permit from public safety. Call 828-432-2692, or 828-438-5290.
8) User may be required to present a certificate of insurance to use facilities or grounds for special events.
9) Access to facility is determined by agreement on the application portion of this form.