The Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) serves as an advisory board to the Morganton City Council. The commission investigates and studies the needs of the city and shall from time to time make recommendations to and advise the City Council regarding its conclusions, and shall make recommendations to the council where they are needed.
The Planning and Zoning Commission consists of 11 members, nine of whom are appointed by the City Council. The remaining two members are appointed by the Burke County Board of Commissioners. Members serve three-year terms.
Term Expires - Member
6/3/2018 - Claude Huffman
6/3/2018 - Waits Gordon
6/3/2018 - Bill Lennon
6/3/2019 - Judy Francis
6/3/2019 - Hank Dickens
6/3/2019 - Pete Wallace
6/3/2020 - Marc Sholar
6/3/2020 - Donald Smith, Jr.
6/3/2020 - Rick Lingerfelt
County Commission Appointments
The P&Z Commission generally meets at 5:15 pm on the second Thursday of the month in the City Council Chambers of City Hall when the Commission has business to address. The Commission does meet if the Commission does not have any items or applications to review. Meetings are open to the public and televised live on Ch. 2 on CoMPAS Cable TV.
- Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, January 11, 2018
- Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, December 14, 2017
- Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, Oct. 12, 2017
- Planning and Zoning Commission Special Meeting, July 20, 2017
- Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, June 8, 2017
- Planning and Zoning Meeting, May 11, 2017
- Planning and Zoning Meeting, Jan. 12, 2017
- Planning and Zoning Meeting, Nov. 10, 2016
- Planning and Zoning Meeting, Oct. 13, 2016
- Planning and Zoning Meeting, May 12, 2016