The annual Sunrise Run on the Greenway, hosted by the Historic Morganton Festival and presented by Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge, takes place the morning of Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. An average of 400+ runners and walkers of all ages compete in the 5k, 10k, one-mile fun run, and Student Fitness Challenge. Don't forget to register!
The Student Fitness Challenge offers Burke County elementary and middle schools the opportunity to earn $200 for their physical education programs by having at least 10 participants in the one-mile fun run/walk. The school with the most students will receive an additional $500 for their program! The cash is donated to the schools by the Historic Morganton Festival. Students must register through their PE Teachers. Registration is $7.00 per student and includes a t-shirt!
Pre-registration and packet pickup will be 5:00 to 7:00 pm at Catawba Meadows Park, Friday, Sept. 8.
After the race, be sure to stop in Downtown Morganton and attend the Historic Morganton Festival where over 40,000 people experience a variety of arts, crafts, foods, and entertainment. Bring the whole family!
You can find out more information and register for the run at http://bit.ly/SunriseRun.
Times and Dates
Friday Sept. 8, 2017
- Pre-registration & packet pick up 5pm – 7pm, Catawba Meadows Park
Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017 • Rain or Shine! (Sorry, no refunds.)
- Race-day registration is from 6:30 until 7:30 a.m.
- 5K and 10K begin at 8:00am
- 1 mile Fun Run/Walk and Student Challenge begins at 9:30 a.m.
- 5K & 10K Early Registration (before Aug. 17) - $20, (Early registration guarantees a t-shirt)
- 5K & 10K Registration (Aug. 17 - Sept. 7) - $25
- 5K & 10K Race Day (Sept. 8 & 9) - $30
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Early Registration (before Aug. 17) - $10
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration (Aug. 17 - Sept. 7) $15
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Race Day (Sept. 8 & 9) - $20
Participants in the Student Fitness Challenge MUST register with their PE Teachers by Friday, Sept. 1, to be eligible for the race.
Students get ready to run during the 2014 event. More info at http://bit.ly/SunriseRun.
The greenway is packed during the annual Sunrise Run on the Greenway! More info at http://bit.ly/SunriseRun.
Find out more about the Morganton Festival at www.morgantonfest.org!